- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat. Remove chops and keep warm. Add green pepper, celery and onion to the skillet; cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften.
- Return pork chops to the pan. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, broth and chili powder. Pour over chops and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Easy Barbecued Pork Chops
Sort By :
My whole family loved this. It was quick, easy & very tasty. I did cut back on the chili powder...only used 1/2 tsp. (My husband & my 88 yr old Mother can't take the heat.) It was still terrific.
Good recipe, quick, family really liked it. Paired it with scalloped potatoes and green beans
mere words cannot describe how good this recipe is!! I HATE HATE anything barbecue...store bought sauce is horrible....this is fantastic!!
How did we get 867 mg of sodium out of this? There is no salt in the recipe. Is 1/4 cup of chicken broth (reduced sodium)doing that? Oh, I see one cup of ketchup. Let's do 1/2 c ketchup and 1/2 cup no sodium tomato sauce. Or dilute even more, if you should. Look at every recipe you think looks good and think of ways to remedy it to you healthful recipe according to your personal needs. Thanks for all your great ideas.
my whole family loved this!!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >