Easy Banana Nut Bread
A yellow cake mix streamlines assembly of this moist golden bread from Marie Davis. "I searched a long while for a banana bread that was easy to make," explains the Pendleton, South Carolina cook. "This one takes no time at all, and makes two loaves, so one can be frozen to enjoy later."
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and milk. Add bananas;
- beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for
- 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 92 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.