Easy Baked Tilapia Recipe
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 lemon slices
- 8 green pepper rings
- 8 sweet red pepper rings
- 2 slices onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with butter-flavored spray. Place fillets in dish; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Top with lemon, peppers and onion; sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 164 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.