- 3 to 4 medium baking potatoes, baked
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel and dice the baked potatoes; set aside. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1-1/2 teaspoons drippings.
- Add the soups, milk, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, pepper, Liquid Smoke if desired and reserved potatoes to the drippings.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with cheddar cheese and bacon. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Easy Baked Potato Soup
Sort By :
"This soup is absolutely delicious! I, too, added some bacon in the soup and saved some for the garnish. We love our bacon! I think this soup has as much flavor if not more than some restaurant potato soups! Will definitely make again!"
"Very easy to make and most of the ingredients are the kind that people often have on hand. I added the bacon to the soup toward the end of the cooking time and saved a few crumbles for the top garnish. I may tinker with this next time by adding some chives and maybe trying to make a white sauce with sharp cheddar cheese added rather than using the cheddar soup. There was a hint of a "processed" cheddar taste that I wasn't wild about and this might also reduce the sodium level as well. A little liquid smoke goes a long way; I heated the soup on low about an extra ten minutes to let the flavors blend a little more and it helped. I will definitely make this again!"
"This soup was great and easy to make. I bought real bacon pieces and added them to the soup and then added more on top with the cheese. It was delicious!"
"Made this for dinner tonight, and it lived up to the earlier reviews. Easy and tasty."
"Great easy recipe for potato soup! I usually leave out the Worcestershire sauce and the liquid smoke... The bacon gives it enough of a smoky flavor for us. Great dinner served with a salad!"