Easy Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 3 to 4 medium baking potatoes, baked
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel and dice the baked potatoes; set aside. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1-1/2 teaspoons drippings.
- Add the soups, milk, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, pepper, Liquid Smoke if desired and reserved potatoes to the drippings.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with cheddar cheese and bacon. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Easy Baked Potato Soup(8)
Sort By :
Made this for dinner tonight, and it lived up to the earlier reviews. Easy and tasty.
Great easy recipe for potato soup! I usually leave out the Worcestershire sauce and the liquid smoke... The bacon gives it enough of a smoky flavor for us. Great dinner served with a salad!
AWESOME..The whole family loved it!
This was so yummy if you like thick creamy soups!! Me and my husband love it!
Made this for the first time.......My family loved it! Served it with garlic bread......It was fantastic!! Doing this again and again!!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potato Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >