Easy Baked Chicken Recipe
- 2 packages (1/2 ounce each) butter-flavored granules
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1. Prepared butter granules according to package directions. Stir in tomato juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and oregano. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add half of marinade; seal and refrigerate for 8 hour or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain marinade from chicken. Place chicken and reserved marinade in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until juices run clear, spooning marinade over chicken several times. Yield: 6 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 193 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Easy Baked Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.