Easy Baked Chicken
"I used to prepare this chicken for my diabetic mother, and I still make it for myself," says Christine Richburg, Brewton, Alabama. "It turns out so moist."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 packages (1/2 ounce each) butter-flavored granules
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- Prepared butter granules according to package directions. Stir in
- tomato juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and oregano. Place
- chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add half of marinade; seal and
- refrigerate for 8 hour or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the
- remaining marinade.
- Drain marinade from chicken. Place chicken and reserved marinade in a
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until juices run clear,
- spooning marinade over chicken several times. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable; also, 193 calories, 415 sodium, 61 mg cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, 23 gm protein, 9 gm fat.