Easy-Bake Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
Recipe provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Total: 22 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cold butter, cut up
- 1 cup KRAFT® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA® Chive & Onion Cheese Spread
- 1. HEAT oven to 450°F.
- 2. MIX first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheddar. Add milk; stir until mixture forms soft dough.
- 3. PLACE on lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times or until smooth. Pat out dough into 6-inch square. Cut into 9 squares; place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheet.
- 4. BAKE 10 to 12 min. or until golden brown. Serve warm with cream cheese spread. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving equals 190 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC