Easy Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
One taste of this classic comforting dish and you'll never buy a store-bought box of au gratin potatoes again! The thinly sliced "spuds" cook up tender in no time. Your family will request this many times over.
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring cream, milk, salt and garlic powder to a boil. Add potatoes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Coarsely crush 1/4 cup of croutons. Remove potatoes from the heat. Gently stir in the crushed croutons and pepper.
- 2. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 269 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Au Gratin Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC