Easy Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring cream, milk, salt and garlic powder to a boil. Add potatoes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Coarsely crush 1/4 cup of croutons. Remove potatoes from the heat. Gently stir in the crushed croutons and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Au Gratin Potatoes(2)
Sort By :
Excellent liked the crushed up croutons and cheese great flavor.
What a wonderful recipe. I used a little more salt, 1/2 tsp. sugar, and 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg (because I always add a little sugar and nutmeg to white sauces). I am thrilled to have found this recipe and it was interesting that the potatoes were cooked in the milk. For probably the first time ever, my potatoes did not curdle and that is a "good" thing! This will be my go to recipe for au gratin potatoes. Also, I used red potatoes because they have so much more flavor than other potatoes. I do hope others try this really good recipe.