Easy Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
One taste of this classic comforting dish and you'll never buy a store-bought box of au gratin potatoes again! The thinly sliced "spuds" cook up tender in no time. Your family will request this many times over.
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring cream, milk, salt and garlic powder to a boil. Add potatoes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Coarsely crush 1/4 cup of croutons. Remove potatoes from the heat. Gently stir in the crushed croutons and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Au Gratin Potatoes in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1997, p1
Reviews for Easy Au Gratin Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review