Easy Arroz con Pollo
My children really look forward to dinner when they know I'm serving this, and it's easy to make.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread the rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle
- both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper; place over rice.
- In a large bowl, combine the broth, picante sauce, tomato sauce,
- onion and green pepper; pour over the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer
- reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 351 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 791 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.