Easy Arroz con Pollo Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Spread the rice in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper; place over rice. In a large bowl, combine the broth, picante sauce, tomato sauce, onion and green pepper; pour over the chicken.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 351 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 791mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Easy Arroz con Pollo
"This has wonderful flavor and was so simple to make. I recommend it heartily!"
"Awesome. So easy and yummy. Family and friends have both liked it!"
"absolutely delicious, loved the flavours & the rice was amazing, I even made it with boneless skinless chicken thighs!"
"I can't believe there aren't more reviews for this! This was easy peasy to make, and it was the most delicious Spanish Rice underneath that chicken! I'll never make Spanish rice in a skillet again. This was the bomb! So flavorful and delicious. I used Pace medium picante sauce, and it was just the right amount of heat for this dish. I used Minute brown rice, also. I served it with Martha White Cotton Country corn bread and mini corn-on-the-cob with strawberry shortcake for dessert, and we were absolutely stuffed! I would recommend this dish to anyone!"
"My family loves this!"
"I love it! It's super easy. You just put the ingredients. My husband love it and it's one of my favorites recipes."