- 1-3/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread the rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper; place over rice. In a large bowl, combine the broth, picante sauce, tomato sauce, onion and green pepper; pour over the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Arroz con Pollo(5)
Sort By :
absolutely delicious, loved the flavours & the rice was amazing, I even made it with boneless skinless chicken thighs!
Very easy to make and even my picky eater liked it. The hour bake time relegates it to weekends for us but I see Saturday nights with this dish in our future.
I can't believe there aren't more reviews for this! This was easy peasy to make, and it was the most delicious Spanish Rice underneath that chicken! I'll never make Spanish rice in a skillet again. This was the bomb! So flavorful and delicious. I used Pace medium picante sauce, and it was just the right amount of heat for this dish. I used Minute brown rice, also. I served it with Martha White Cotton Country corn bread and mini corn-on-the-cob with strawberry shortcake for dessert, and we were absolutely stuffed! I would recommend this dish to anyone!
My family loves this!
I love it! It's super easy. You just put the ingredients. My husband love it and it's one of my favorites recipes.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >