Easy Apricot Pork Chops
Canned apricots nicely complement the tender pork in this wonderful entree sent by Ron Gardner from Grand Haven, Michigan.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, undrained
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place apricots in a food processor or blender; cover and process
- until coarsely chopped. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in
- butter over medium-high heat. Add apricots. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until meat juices run
- Remove the chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and cold water
- until smooth; stir into apricot mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.