Easy Apricot Jam
Here’s the perfect topping for English muffins or toast. It’s so simple to make my homemade jam, you’ll want to share it with all your friends.Geri Davis, Prescott, Arizona
32 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling
- 16 ounces dried apricots
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large stockpot, combine apricots, orange juice and sugar; bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in lemon
- juice, cinnamon and ginger. Remove from heat and cool to room
- Rinse four 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry
- thoroughly. Puree apricot mixture in a food processor or blender
- until smooth. Spoon containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jam in
- refrigerator before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 61 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.