Easy Apricot Cobbler
Even folks who watch their diets deserve to splurge on dessert. This fruity cobbler featuring apricots is simply delicious.Mrs. Curtis Jeffery, Burr Oak, Kansas
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 can (29 ounces) light apricot halves
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- Drain apricots, reserving juice. In a bowl, whisk the juice and
- pudding mix until smooth; stir in apricots. Pour into an 8-in.
- square baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Gradually add water, tossing with fork until dough forms a ball. On
- a floured surface, roll out dough to fit top of baking dish; place
- over filling. trim and flute edges; cut slits in top.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45
- minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 138 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch,