Easy Apricot Cobbler Recipe
Even folks who watch their diets deserve to splurge on dessert. This fruity cobbler featuring apricots is simply delicious.—Mrs. Curtis Jeffery, Burr Oak, Kansas
- 1 can (29 ounces) light apricot halves
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Drain apricots, reserving juice. In a bowl, whisk the juice and pudding mix until smooth; stir in apricots. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with fork until dough forms a ball. On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit top of baking dish; place over filling. trim and flute edges; cut slits in top.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 138 calories, 7g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Easy Apricot Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC