Easy Apple Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-in. slices.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In a large skillet, saute apples in 2 tablespoons butter 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- 3. In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half the sweet potatoes, apples and brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers.
- 4. Dot with remaining butter. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 284 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Apple Sweet Potato Bake
"I made this for Thanksgiving and think it was the hit of the meal! Everything in this dish blended together very well. Sweet but not overpowering, I like that much of the sweetness derives from the apples and not pure sugar in other sweet potato sides. Thanks for a winning dish!!"