Easy Apple Sweet Potato Bake
This side dish is a winner. Not only do I like the flavor, I love the fact that it's so easy.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until
- tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut
- into 1/2-in. slices.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar,
- walnuts, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In a large skillet, saute
- apples in 2 tablespoons butter 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half the sweet potatoes,
- apples and brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers.
- Dot with remaining butter. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake
- 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 284 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium,