Easy Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the apple, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with apple mixture. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour apple juice and water over chicken; brush with butter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
- 3. Transfer pan juices to a saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 275 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.