- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with apple mixture. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour apple juice and water over chicken; brush with butter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
- Transfer pan juices to a saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Easy Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
Good, easy recipe. Only additions I made were adding a sliced green onion and a sprinkle of Mrs Dash along with the pepper.
I thought this was super easy and tasted great. I must have had the tart apples, because it was a little too much apple taste for me. I used italian breadcrumbs and that overpowered everything. I had some extra filling and put it over the top before the gravy. That gave it more flavor - try that!
Easy, Fast, Delicious. I love any excuse to cook with apples.
Very, very bland. The sauce was not very thick and the whole disk was not very appealing to the eye.
Good. Like other reviews though it just needs a little something else to give it a bite. Going to try a tarter apple or shaper cheese next time.