Easy Apple-Onion Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add pork chops Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in butter .
- 2. Add onion and apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork chops and keep warm. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in remaining salt and pepper and browning sauce if desired. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Easy Apple-Onion Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.