Easy Apple Dumplings Recipe
Mother often prepared this special treat for us, ready to take out of the oven just as we came home from school. I remember so vividly, upon opening the door to the house, the magnificent aroma!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Pastry double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 small to medium apples, peeled and cored
- 1. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, water, 3 tablespoons butter and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Bring to a boil; boil for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. Roll pastry into a 21-in. x 14-in. rectangle; cut into six 7-in. squares. Place one apple in the center of each square. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon; spoon into center of apples. Dot with remaining butter. Moisten edges of pastry; fold corners to the center of top apple. Pinch to seal. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour syrup mixture around apples.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 643 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 101 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC