Easy Apple Dumplings Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Pastry double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 small to medium apples, peeled and cored
- 1. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, water, 3 tablespoons butter and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Bring to a boil; boil for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. Roll pastry into a 21-in. x 14-in. rectangle; cut into six 7-in. squares. Place one apple in the center of each square. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon; spoon into center of apples. Dot with remaining butter. Moisten edges of pastry; fold corners to the center of top apple. Pinch to seal. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour syrup mixture around apples.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 643 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 101g carbohydrate (64g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Easy Apple Dumplings
"These are the best! My family can't wait for me to make them!"
"My husband really enjoyed these apple dumplings. They were so quick and easy to pepare. They also made the kitchen smell delicious.I discovered that the dough wraps around the apples more completely if I use 3 pie crusts. I cut each in half roll the 6 halves into separate balls then flatten each ball enough to fit around the apples."
"they tasted wonderful"
"I'm about to make this recipe again, like right now! My husband and I LOVED it and we are going to try to make an even bigger batch to share with others. This is mouth watering SOOOOOO Yummy good!!"
"This is the exact recipe my grandma and mom made and now I use. A family tradition served at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Mine are the freezer ready to go. I prepare the apples in the pastry, then double bag them individually in fold & lock sandwich bags, place on cookie sheet and freeze overnight, then place in a large freezer zip bag. When ready to bake, complete as stated in recipe. Add 10-15 minutes baking time depending on size of apples, due to starting with frozen apples. Also, we double the sauce. Reserving half to warm up and pour over dumplings and ice cream. Yum!"
"omg, the best! and the smell is awesome"
"This recipe is a hit!!!"
"These are wonderful!"
"It was delicious and very easy. I made this for my family and we loved it!"
"I made this for my family and there are a few who don't even like apple pie, and they loved it."
"Apple dumplings always look so good (from the pictures). My grandmother made us baked apples instead of apple dumplings but I would love to try an apple dumpling one day!