Easy Apple Crisp
This is a delicious dessert perfect for young cooks to prepare. It's easy to make since there's no crust—just a crumbly topping. Plus, with applies and oats, it's a wholesome treat.—Sheri Hatten, Devil's Lake, North Dakota
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 10 to 11 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sugar
- and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over the apples. Combine flour,
- brown sugar, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon; cut
- in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over
- apples. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are
- tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.