- 10 to 11 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over the apples. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Easy Apple Crisp
Sort By :
My house smelled fantastic while this baked! Served it with ice cream and it was a hit!
I cut down on the sugar seemed like too much and used rolled oats Not the quick cook oats it was delicious
This is a very good recipe. But! don't cut your hand while cutting up the apples. Cuz, it'll make you forget to add the Brown Sugar!
This turned out wonderfully! I followed the recipe exactly and I served it at a BBQ dinner and it got great reviews. The topping was a great caramel brown. Next time, I might try decreasing the white sugar to 1/4 cup, as it seemed like a lot of sugar when I poured it over the apples.
Simple and good. I made half the recipe in a 9x9 pan, and used 1 cup of oats.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cobbler >
- Apple Crisp >
- Apple Crisp Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >