- 10 to 11 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over the apples. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Easy Apple Crisp
"This was one of the best apple crisp recipes I've ever used. The apples were fresh picked and had the perfect tartness. My husband loves it! I highly recommend this recipe, quick and simple."
"Smells great. Taste great. easy to prepare. It's a keeper."
"My house smelled fantastic while this baked! Served it with ice cream and it was a hit!"
"I cut down on the sugar seemed like too much and used rolled oats Not the quick cook oats it was delicious"
"This is a very good recipe. But! don't cut your hand while cutting up the apples. Cuz, it'll make you forget to add the Brown Sugar!"
"This turned out wonderfully! I followed the recipe exactly and I served it at a BBQ dinner and it got great reviews. The topping was a great caramel brown. Next time, I might try decreasing the white sugar to 1/4 cup, as it seemed like a lot of sugar when I poured it over the apples."
"Simple and good. I made half the recipe in a 9x9 pan, and used 1 cup of oats."
"I just took it out of the oven and it's very runny. I used Gala apples--perhaps too juicy, or I should have added some cornstarch. I'll serve it to my guests anyway, but I am disappointed."
"This is my favorite Apple Crisp recipe and have madit it for years since it appeared in a Taste of Home Magazine. Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream."
"OMG This was so Awesome!! MY family loved it!!! And im not a apple person, and iloved it too.."