Easy Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
This layered coffee cake comes together easily with canned pie filling and other pantry staples. "I enjoy making it for my family or even to celebrate co-workers' birthdays," writes Joan Kuderer from Sparta, Wisconsin.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine pie filling and cinnamon; spoon over batter. Drop remaining batter over filling; spread gently.
- 2. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm or cooled coffee cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 350 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Apple Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC