- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine pie filling and cinnamon; spoon over batter. Drop remaining batter over filling; spread gently.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm or cooled coffee cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as apple coffee cake in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p52
Reviews for Easy Apple Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 5, 2013
"Easy and great flavor. Next time I would adjust for high altitude, as I had a hard time getting it to cook in the middle."