- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Easy Apple Cake
Sort By :
"Really good! The texture of this cake was even better than I expected. Moist and substantial without being too wet or heavy with a light crackling crisp top that I dusted with powdered sugar. Looked pretty and tasted yummy! Perhaps because I used sweet apples instead of tart, I think it would have been better if I'd reduced the amount of sugar a bit."
"I made this for my boss's mid-morning birthday party, and it was a huge hit! Super simple...and hearty enough for a breakfast treat. I made a few changes:- substituted 1/2 the oil for organic cold-pressed coconut oil (the flavor enhanced it greatly)- added a scant 1/8 tsp. of Cardamom- sprinkled the warm cake lightly with Turbinado sugar just for another fun texture- used a few more apples. We had quite a harvest of Honey Crisp apples this year and my frozen portions are probably more like 2-1/2 to 3 cups. I coarsely chopped and then drained the thawed apples before adding to the batter.- Baking time took a little longer in my glass 13 x 9 pan.I had requests for the recipe after the party and will make this regularly at home. It's fabulous and very flavorful! Excellent alone or with whipped cream or ice cream."
"Moist and delicious, easy to make. I used 2 granny smith apples and chopped them in the food processor."
"Just made this cake with a few changes. I used 'about' 1 1/2 cups brown sugar since I don't like things too sweet and baked it in a tube pan, and drizzled with a little vanilla glaze I had left over from another cake. Very tasty. Mine came out heavy, like a quick bread. Will definitely make this again."