Easy Antipasto Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 12 wooden skewers (6 inches)
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, cheese, basil, mustard, oil, honey and pepper. Add the artichokes, green pepper, tomatoes, olives and ham. Drain and rinse tortellini in cold water; add to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. For each kabob, thread tortellini, artichokes, green pepper, tomatoes, olives and folded ham onto a skewer. Yield: 12 kabobs.
1 kabob equals 90 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.