Easy Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups egg whites (about 14)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Sift flour and 1/2 cup sugar together four times; set aside. In a bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, extracts and salt; beat on high until soft peaks form but mixture is still moist and glossy. Add remaining sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour mixture, a fourth at a time, over the egg white mixture; fold in gently, using about 15 strokes for each addition. Spoon batter into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan (pan will be very full). Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until top crust is golden brown and cracks feel dry. Immediately invert cake in pan to cool completely. Loosen sides of cake from pan and remove. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 101 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Easy Angel Food Cake
"I used meringue powder in replacement of half the eggs, yes it is expensive, but it tastes quite a bit better."
"I agree with the other review(which I wish I would have read first), the texture is too moist and it is too eggy. Very disappointed!"
"It tasted too egg-y for me."