Easy and Elegant Ham Recipe
I fix this moist, tender ham to serve my large family. It can be readied quickly in the morning, frees up my oven, tastes outstanding and can feed a crowd. Covered with colorful pineapple slices, cherries and orange glaze, tis showstopping appearance appeals to both children and adults. —Denise DiPace Medford, New Jersey
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) sliced pineapple
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (about 6 pounds), halved
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set juice aside. Place half of the pineapple in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with the ham. Add cherries, remaining pineapple and reserved pineapple juice. Spoon marmalade over ham. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- 2. Remove to a warm serving platter. Serve pineapple and cherries with sliced ham. Yield: 18-20 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 212 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,424 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC