- 2 cans (20 ounces each) sliced pineapple
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (about 6 pounds), halved
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) orange marmalade
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set juice aside. Place half of the pineapple in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with the ham. Add cherries, remaining pineapple and reserved pineapple juice. Spoon marmalade over ham. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- Remove to a warm serving platter. Serve pineapple and cherries with sliced ham. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Reviews for Easy and Elegant Ham
"Wonderful, old-fashioned recipe! I heartily agree- the number of rude reviewers on this site is a shame. There is no excuse for bad manners (unfortunately, it seems they are the norm nowadays). Why can't folks simply state that the recipe wasn't to their liking instead of making vulgar comments that display their obvious lack of intellect? BobbiMinko: it means you cut the ham in half and cook BOTH pieces, presumably to help it cook a bit faster in the crockpot. Hope you enjoy it!"
"Excellent taste. I must comment again on the rude reviewers. Please note I said reviewers not reviews. Really disgusting & spitting food out is not necessary. Can't imagine there is a line to cook for you all. Once again TOH has the rudest reviewers of any food site."
"It says ham (halved) are you only supposed to cook half of the ham?"
"The ham was excellent. the pineapple slices and cherries were garbage. My wife and I both took one bite and spit them out. The pineapple absorbed the smoke flavor and salt from the ham. Disgusting."
"I first made this recipe about 8 years ago. It has consistently been a hit with everyone I have served it to. Best yet the leftover ham is terrific for soup, casseroles, or sandwiches! This happens every holiday at our house by family request."