Easy Almond Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, chicken, eggs, celery and almonds. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in reserved pineapple juice. Pour over chicken mixture; mix well. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 421 calories, 28g fat (6g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Easy Almond Chicken Salad
"This salad is very good and refreshing. My husband and I loved it. I used rotisserie chicken and toasted the almonds."
"This was very good and quite different than other chicken salads. It did taste like it was missing something; and now that I am checking the recipe again, I forgot to add the poppy seeds, salt and pepper!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.