Easy Almond Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, chicken, eggs, celery and almonds. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in reserved pineapple juice. Pour over chicken mixture; mix well. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 421 calories, 28 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 183 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Almond Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.