- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, chicken, eggs, celery and almonds. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in reserved pineapple juice. Pour over chicken mixture; mix well. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Almond Chicken Salad
Sort By :
"this salad was good quick and easy I had to add extra juice and salt and the pepperand a tablespoon of the poppy seeds .later again all make different chicken salads.from different people I don't like the same chicken salads. but thanks for the recpie"
"This salad is very good and refreshing. My husband and I loved it. I used rotisserie chicken and toasted the almonds."
"This was very good and quite different than other chicken salads. It did taste like it was missing something; and now that I am checking the recipe again, I forgot to add the poppy seeds, salt and pepper!"