Easy Almond Bars
For a last-minute sweet treat for a potluck or classroom parties, you can't beat these delicate bars. Just takes a few moment, the master cookie mix and four other ingredients and you'll have bars ready to pop in the oven.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups Master Cookie Mix, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Press cookie mix into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Beat egg
- white until foamy; brush over dough. Top with almonds. Combine sugar
- and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on
- a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut into diamonds. Cool completely.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 45 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.