Easy Almond Apricot Coffee Cake Recipe
This is my favorite family recipe. The almonds and apricots make it a colorful coffee cake and an outstanding dessert.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth and fluffy. On low speed of mixer, blend in sour cream and extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix just until combined. Sprinkle half of almonds in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Spread half of batter over nuts. Carefully spoon half of preserves over batter, keeping preserves away from edges of pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Spoon on remaining batter; add remaining preserves to center of batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 350 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC