- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth and fluffy. On low speed of mixer, blend in sour cream and extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix just until combined. Sprinkle half of almonds in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Spread half of batter over nuts. Carefully spoon half of preserves over batter, keeping preserves away from edges of pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Spoon on remaining batter; add remaining preserves to center of batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Almond/Apricot Coffee Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p38
Reviews for Easy Almond Apricot Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2011
"Easy and delicious! It turned out exactly like the photo."