Easy 3-Ingredient Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour. Press dough into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into nine squares; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 9 cookies.
Reviews for Easy 3-Ingredient Shortbread Cookies(7)
Sort By :
I really liked this shortbread. I did add a touch of vanilla to the batch. It was quick and simple to make. I did find them a bit too thick, for my taste. Thanks for the recipe. My cup of tea and shortbread is waiting for me:)
We love these cookies! My daughter and her cousins love to use food coloring pens to decorate these cookies. They are yummy and last well.
Why didn't you tell us how to make the design. That is the reason I looked at the recipe. There are lots of short bread recipes, you attracted me with the design then you say dust with powder sugar? Bait and switch.
what is that pretty blue design on the cookie and how to you do it?? thx, kc
This is such a quick and yummy treat on a chilly day. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easy Cookie Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >