Easy & Elegant Tenderloin Roast
I love the simplicity of the recipe. Olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Just add the tenderloin and pop it in the oven. In an hour or so you’ve got an impressive main dish to feed a crowd. This leaves you with more time to visit with family and less time fussing in the kitchen. —Mary Kandell, Huron, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting
- pan. In a small bowl, mix the oil, garlic, salt and pepper; rub over
- Roast 50-70 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°). Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.