Eastern Shore Seafood Salad Recipe
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp
- 3 cups cooked or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, crab, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, salt and pepper; add to the shrimp mixture and mix gently.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. If desired, serve in a lettuce-lined bowl and garnish with egg. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 279 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 801 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.