Eastern Shore Crab Cakes
“In Delaware, we’re surrounded by an abundance of fresh seafood, particularly terrific crab. The secret to great crab cakes is fresh crab meat, not too much filler and not breaking up the crab too much. This recipe does all that.” —Cynthia M Bent, Newark, Delaware
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, seafood
- seasoning, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Fold in
- crab. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each
- side or until browned.
- Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 crab cakes equals 599 calories, 44 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 235 mg cholesterol, 952 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot