Easter Stuffed Eggs Recipe
Most people dread all the leftover hard-cooked eggs they have at Easter. But not me! That's when I usually prepare one of my family's favorite dishes. The shrimp and curry powder give great flavor to ordinary eggs.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Set whites aside. In a bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, onion 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Chop 1/4 cup of shrimp; add to yolks and mix well. Spoon into egg white halves. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, whisk 3 tablespoons butter, flour, curry and remaining salt until smooth. Add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add remaining shrimp. Pour over eggs.
- 3. Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 290 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 288 mg cholesterol, 874 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC