- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Set whites aside. In a bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, onion 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Chop 1/4 cup of shrimp; add to yolks and mix well. Spoon into egg white halves. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk 3 tablespoons butter, flour, curry and remaining salt until smooth. Add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add remaining shrimp. Pour over eggs.
- Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Easter Stuffed Eggs in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p13
Reviews for Easter Stuffed Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review