Easter Meringue Cups Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/3 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon.
- 3. Bake at 275° for 45-50 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Spread cups with lemon curd and fill with fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 180 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Easter Meringue Cups
"Looks beautiful, but was not a whole-family (7 of us) favorite. It needs to be eaten within a couple hours as the fruit juice soaks into the meringue."
"We love these! My grandmother always made a full size dessert like this, but these are much easier to serve."
"I really enjoyed making these. They looked so fun and springy that I tried them out - everyone loved them! They have a great fresh fruit taste."
"I made thaese for a special occasion and received rave reviews. I also made the meringues and served with gelato. Made a nice presentation.jacijaci"
"I used my regular Lemon Meringue pie filling recipe as I doubled the recipe for the cups for a crowd. The meringue cups are really fragile but made a great presentation. I had many compliments on these."
"It would be nice if the Nutrition Facts would print when you print the recipe"
"These were fantastic and easy to prepare. I too used the lemon curd recipe here and found it to be a bit tart - additional sugar was necessary; otherwise it was great!"
"Altho meringue cups were very lite, they were too large. I thhink I would make them smaller, and tdhey would look more attractive on a dessert plate. Very good and liked by all."
"I've always been afraid to try meringue recipes (except for lemon pie) and now I know how easy it is.I will use this recipe again and again! Everyone loved it and I looked like a gourmet chef!!"
"This is a new fav. in our house. Easy to make and lovely treat."
"I made this for Easter. My meringues were so tough on the bottom that even a sharp knife didn't cut it apart. tasted wonderful and the curd was delicious. What did I do wrong with the meringues. They were beautiful to look at."
"This was so easy. I served it at Easter and even the kids came back for seconds. I couldn't find lemon curd so I made my own. I also made a chocolate/cool whip pudding mixture and put some of that in some of meringue cups. I will make this again."