Easter Lettuce Salad
Here's a salad that is so simple yet so tasty, it will impress your holiday guests.—Tammy Myers, Waupun, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 9 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process
- until blended. Divide lettuce among six salad plates; drizzle with
- dressing. Top each with a sliced egg. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
- Yield: 6 servings (about 1 cup dressing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 356 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.