Easter Fruit Salad Recipe
Using pastel marshmallows, both young and old alike are sure to enjoy this colorful Easter fruit salad from Deanna Richter of Elmore, Minnesota. Deanna recommends making this traditional favorite the day before it is served.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, eggs, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Fold in whipped cream. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, marshmallows, cherries and reserved pineapple; fold in cooked dressing. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC