Easter Egg Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Cake decorating gel, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, oats and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Divide dough into three equal portions.
- 2. Form 12 egg-shaped cookies from each portion. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- 3. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over cookies. Decorate as desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Easter Egg Cookies
"This is a fun recipe to make with my two girls ages 5 & 7. They were help with everything and LOVED decorating them!"