Kids will jump at the chance to help in the kitchen when you're making these Easter egg candies. —Gloria Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in pudding mixes until blended. Whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Divide pudding mixture between two bowls. To the first bowl, add walnuts and maple flavoring; mix well. To the second bowl, add coconut and coconut extract; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Form tablespoonfuls of pudding mixture into egg shapes. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate. Place on waxed paper until set. Decorate as desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Easter Egg Candies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p167
Reviews for Easter Egg Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review