- Meanwhile, dye hard-cooked eggs with food coloring following package
- directions. Let stand until completely dry.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into
- thirds. Roll each portion into a 24-in. rope. Place ropes on a
- greased baking sheet and braid. Bring ends together to form a ring.
- Pinch ends to seal. Lightly coat dyed eggs with oil; arrange on
- braid, tucking them carefully between ropes.
- Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled,
- about 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, whisk remaining egg and water; gently brush over dough,
- avoiding eggs. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pan to a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (16
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 281 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.