- 2/3 cup vanilla frosting
- 30 large marshmallows
- Pink gel or paste food coloring
- Red and pink heart-shaped decorating sprinkles
- 60 miniature marshmallows
- Frost the tops of 12 large marshmallows; stack a large marshmallow on top of each. Quarter the remaining large marshmallows; set aside for ears. Tint 1/4 cup frosting pink. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; place pink frosting in bag.
- Pipe a ribbon between the stacked marshmallows for bow tie. With white frosting, attach red hearts for eyes and a pink heart for nose. Pipe pink whiskers and smile.
- For ears, pipe the center of quartered marshmallows pink; attach to head with white frosting. With the remaining white frosting, attach the miniature marshmallows for legs and tail. Let stand until dry. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Easter Bunny Treats(13)
Sort By :
Linda and CometCooker, I am TOTALLY with you on having a hard time making these...UNTIL I finally gave in and used TOOTHPICKS! Seriously, I was so frustrated (In what universe does this only take 15 minutes to do 12 using frosting as glue?)...then I said "ARG!" and grabbed my jar of toothpicks. After that, the ears and feet and arms all stayed on just fine and they turned out great!! I just had to warn the kids not to pop 'em into their mouth whole. Hahaha. These are adorable!
Well I am not a Bunny Maker!! I gave it a try but I couldn't get the ears to stay on. I did not make the icing I bought it, but what a difficult time I had. But they were cute but too fidley for me. Good luck to all that can make these work. I would love to know the secret.
I think the adults making them had more trouble then the kids but all in all great "Messy" fun enjoyed ever minute
This is such a cute and fun thing to do with the kids! For all the parents out there that don't like sugar, this is not for you, if you don't like it, don't bother to comment, we don't CARE if you think it is bad for you, boo hoo. I raised four kids and they had sugar and guess what?? They are healthy and alive! LOVE this recipe!!!
They were cute but (at least for me) they were not quick. I don't see how anybody could put these together in 15 minutes! I guess I'm just not smarter or faster than a fifth grader.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Kids Desserts >
- Kids Snacks >
- Party Appetizers >