Easter Bunny Cookies
This is such a cute Easter treat. Children will be so impressed by these little bunnies that they are sure to be a hit.Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 12 large marshmallows
- 4 pink Laffy Taffy candies
- 12 ounces white candy coating disks
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- 36 small jelly beans
- 24 brown M&M's miniature baking bits
- Pink decorating icing
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the coconut, water and
- food coloring. Seal bag and shake until blended; set aside.
- For bunny ears, cut each marshmallow in half horizontally. Cut each
- Laffy Taffy into small oval pieces. Press one candy piece onto the
- cut side of each marshmallow half; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip
- one cookie into candy coating. Let excess drip off and place on
- waxed paper. Immediately sprinkle coconut onto the bottom of cookie.
- Gently press jelly beans into coconut. Using kitchen scissors, cut
- bottom ends of marshmallow ears; press onto cookie. Add M&M's for
- Repeat for remaining bunnies. Pipe pink icing for noses and whiskers.