Easter Bunny Cookies Recipe
This is such a cute Easter treat. Children will be so impressed by these little bunnies that they are sure to be a hit.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-1/2 hours + standing YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 12 large marshmallows
- 4 pink Laffy Taffy candies
- 12 ounces white candy coating disks
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- 36 small jelly beans
- 24 brown M&M's miniature baking bits
- Pink decorating icing
- 1. In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the coconut, water and food coloring. Seal bag and shake until blended; set aside.
- 2. For bunny ears, cut each marshmallow in half horizontally. Cut each Laffy Taffy into small oval pieces. Press one candy piece onto the cut side of each marshmallow half; set aside.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one cookie into candy coating. Let excess drip off and place on waxed paper. Immediately sprinkle coconut onto the bottom of cookie. Gently press jelly beans into coconut. Using kitchen scissors, cut bottom ends of marshmallow ears; press onto cookie. Add M&M's for eyes.
- 4. Repeat for remaining bunnies. Pipe pink icing for noses and whiskers. Let stand for 15 minutes or until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC