Easter Bunny Cheese Spread Recipe
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli beef
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions
- 6 miniature jelly beans
- 1 small carrot
- Fresh vegetables and/or crackers
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, beef, olives, dill, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce. Finely chop two green onions; add to cream cheese mixture. On a large platter, form cheese mixture into a bunny shape. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Insert jelly beans for bunny's eyes, nose and buttons. Cut carrot in half lengthwise; place cut side up above head for ears. Cut green portion of remaining onion into six 2-in.-long pieces; place next to nose for whiskers. Serve with vegetables and/or crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Easter Bunny Cheese Spread
"The presentation was excellent. I used carrot greens as the base and put cherry red tomatoes in the greens to represent Easter eggs. It definitely needs the 8 hours of refrigeration to bring out the flavor."
"There aren't enough stars to rate this properly. I love to make this cheese spread for any occasion! I just change the shape of the "ball" and type of crackers (or veggies)"
"I used dried beef (Hormel) instead of the regular beef and also used olives for buttons and half olives for eyes. Cut red pepper bow tie and used broccoli for grass and sprinkled radish rose among the broccoli. Took it to school and the teachers loved it. Carolakb"
"So very cute and extremely easy. Might go a little heavier on the seasonings.......very mild.......but the kids will love it!"