Easter Bunny Cheese Spread Recipe
FOR an Easter party at our church, I created this fun rabbit centerpiece from a cheese ball recipe. My children enjoyed decorating the bunny. We used carrots for his ears and mini jelly beans for the eyes, nose and buttons. The cheesy spread has great flavor and is perfect for serving with crackers or veggies. My aunt, Clarice Paulson, who always serves this recipe on holidays, shared it with me.—Beth Paulson, De Pere, Wisconsin
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli beef
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions
- 6 miniature jelly beans
- 1 small carrot
- Fresh vegetables and/or crackers
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, beef, olives, dill, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce. Finely chop two green onions; add to cream cheese mixture. On a large platter, form cheese mixture into a bunny shape. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Insert jelly beans for bunny's eyes, nose and buttons. Cut carrot in half lengthwise; place cut side up above head for ears. Cut green portion of remaining onion into six 2-in.-long pieces; place next to nose for whiskers. Serve with vegetables and/or crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC