Easter Bunny Carrot Cake Recipe
At Easter, I hop to it and bake this delectable moist cake in a bunny-shaped pan. I've taught myself a few cake decorating techniques from a book and have fun dabbling. Even a beginner can trim this sweet rabbit! -Vikki Rebholz, West Chester, Ohio
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Pink gel food coloring
- Brown decorator icing
- 1 chocolate-covered peanut
- Red and green liquid food coloring
- Flaked coconut
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, water and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves; beat into egg mixture. Stir in carrots. Pour into a greased and floured 2-qt. bunny-shaped pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Tint 1/3 cup frosting light pink and 1/3 cup frosting dark pink. Spread plain frosting over cake. With brown icing, outline bunny and form an ear, eyebrow, bow, nose, mouth and paws. Fill in ear and nose with light pink frosting and bow with dark pink frosting. Add chocolate-covered peanut for the eye.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 teaspoon water and a few drops of red food coloring; add 1/3 cup coconut. Seal bag and shake to coat. Sprinkle on tail. If desired, tint additional coconut green and sprinkle around bunny for grass. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Easter Bunny Carrot Cake in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p33
Reviews for Easter Bunny Carrot Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2013
I make this cake every year for Easter, my son and I love it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Cakes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >