Easter Bunnies 'n' Chicks
These hard-cooked eggs are quick to make and fun to serve at Easter.Lois Jacobsen, Dallas, Wisconsin
0 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Egg dyes
- Hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- Whole cloves
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- Prepare egg dyes according to package directions. Place hard-cooked
- eggs in egg dyes. Let stand for 3-5 minutes or until tinted to
- desired shades. Remove to paper towels to dry.
- For bunny: With a sharp knife, cut a thin slice of egg white from one
- side of egg to level. From slices, cut two ears and a tail. Make two
- deep small slits in top of egg; insert the ears. Position tail.
- Insert cloves for eyes and nose.
- For chicken: With a sharp knife, cut a thin piece of egg white from
- one side of the egg to level. Insert cloves for eyes. Cut carrot
- lengthwise into thin strips (about 1/16 in. thick). Cut a small
- triangle for the beak and two larger triangles for wings. Make two
- small shallow slits in the sides of the egg; insert wings. Gently
- press beak into front of egg.